Unread 01-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
Respectfully I disagree on the 20/26" or the 20/28" for that matter. I've fired a two barrel set owned by a friend quite a bit both on SC courses and a few outings for grouse. I can shoot either one very well, as compared with sub-6 pound guns that tend to swing like a buggy whip and are hard to control on a fast target or bird. Weight too heavy by a 1/2 pound or so? Time to pump iron, split some wood or something similar. Again these are personal opinions.
I split and stack a lot of firewood so my upper body strength is fine. We all have different preferences in guns and enjoy them in different shooting and hunting activities. Some guys shoot a lot of trap, SC, hunt waterfowl from a blind or some sort of boat... but I don't. But I know the kind of gun I'm comfortable with and the balance and feel of the kind of gun I like to hunt grouse and woodcock with and I wouldn't choose a 20 gauge Reproduction. In fact, I'd probably choose a light twelve or a 0-frame 16 over one. And I know a 28 gauge in either a Reproduction or my VHE or my Damascus 20 gauge DH aren't whippy at all for the kind of shooting and hunting I do. But this is just my opinion... YMMV

But everybody's different and what's good for one man may not be good for another. That's why there are sooo many side-by-side shotguns to choose from.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: