View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #28
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

So Steve.... about reloading old paper shells. You just need the fiber base wads and card fillers. I think BPI might still sell some of that stuff. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use a Lee Loader on the old paper shells. You'll need to either find old reloading manuals or cut one open to see what's inside. I used to reload a lot paper shells in the early 60's using a vintage reloading setup. It wasn't that many years ago I tossed all the old base wads and filler cards I had. Wish I still had them because I have a LOT of very nice old once fired paper hulls I'd like to reload. If you want an MEC loader you might haunt gun shows. You can often find the older ones that have all steel fixtures for $20, and all the parts to get them going again are still available, or maybe you buy 2-3 old ones and mix/match parts to get one going. My smoothest MEC of the 5 on my bench... BY FAR is the oldest all steel one. It operates like butter and never ever malfunctions. None of the plastic ones come close to it in smoothness.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote