View Single Post
Frustrated with Repair Work
Unread 06-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Paul Wilczynski
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Frustrated with Repair Work

This winter I purchased a Parker Reproduction 28 gauge two barrel set. After using the 28inch barrels for about 75 rounds the insert on the doll's head started to protrude. I could see that the beveling on the dolls head that held it in place was peeling back. Also the screw holding it was beat up. I returned the barrel to the dealer I bought it from at my cost for shipping for repair. After a month or so it was return at no cost. I looked to have a new insert only. Testing it with snap caps it failed again right away. I returned the complete gun again (they paid shipping) and about 7 or 8 weeks later it was returned. This time I could see a new screw, insert and the dolls head seemed to have some work done on it (welding). Now after putting about 200 rounds through it has failed again. This time the when I ejected the shells the insert was lost and it looks like the head of the screw has snapped off. It is going back to the dealer again at my cost for shipping. I am asked if there was a better gunsmith to be used and was told that his was capable of repair it. Of that I am not sure.

The question I have for the group is "can this problem be fixed?" Is the dealer leading me on hoping I just give up on it and his problem goes away? This gun was a $6,000 investment that I can not afford to write off.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Paul Wilczynski is offline   Reply With Quote