Thread: Fitting barrels
View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Either of the processes mentioned by John D. will end up costing you circa $3000 these days. (I have had both done a number of times). I was at our local gunshow today and could have bought at least 3 GH Damacus 12 gauges from $800 to $1750. To find and fit a set of #1 frame barrels to your gun properly might cost $1200- $1500. Unless your gun is a sentimental favorite or in all respects pristine other than the tubes, you might have to consider the economics of the task. For $3000 you can buy any number of very nice Damascus DH 12 gauges let alone plenty of fluid steel ones. Sometimes, buying a gun with severely compromised barrels is not the best way to good gun if you have to pay someone to do the work and do not have access to a variety of spare barrels. I happen to be "lucky", I have a very good friend and hunting buddy who is accomplished gunsmith and does this kind of work when we come across a set of good barrels or a gun that is worthwhile enough to do the work on. But, as I said you want to use the resources on worthwhile project. Good luck with your gun.

Last edited by Don Kaas; 10-19-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote