Thread: VH 16ga value
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #20
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wesley did you buy that gun or was it a family piece. BTW this group is a little hesitant to throw out prices on guns since its pictures and not certain what you want to do with the gun. Also not certain if you want to sell it and the purpose of you asking for a value. There is obviously a range of value on that gun. Gut tells me between $1k and $2k, but more than likely it is somewhere in between. Others may disagree or have a more informed opinion they are willing to share. Sorry for the broad range.

BTW I am basing my thought on replacement/reproduction. If you wanted a side by side as compared to some that are on the market new like maybe a Dickinson that is new and sales for about $2k. Dickinson are not bad guns for modern sxs and not suggesting it is comparable to Parker VH quality wise. Personally I would prefer to own the Parker but it is a used gun approaching 100 years old.

BTW I have a VH 16 built in 1907 that is an honest untouched gun that I will never sale or care to price but have seen some sell between $2,500 to $3,500 as collector guns.

The other day say a 12 ga VH that had pinned stock and some other issues. They wanted $2k and had a feeling they had that gun in the shop a while and wll continue to hold onto it at that price since there were some other noted issues like the wrong DH butt plate on stock and that the funiture on forarm and stock did not match up. All other serial numbers on metal matched up though.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: