View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,017 Posts

Went to the Hunting Hills SXS Championship today, a really beautiful venue and first class facility. Cant believe I've never shot there before as it is only 75 miles from home. Eleven degrees and sunshine when I left the house and maybe 25 degrees and windy for the first round. There are a lot of serious sc shooters in Wheeling and they have recently got into shooting sxs's. One of them won both the 16 and 20 division at the Southern last year. Those who know me , know that I am a serious bird hunter, but a mediocre shot at sporting clays--I can see Rich, Daryl, Mark, and Mike nodding their heads in agreement. Well, every dog has his day, and today was mine. At the end of the shoot I was tied in the 16 div. with a very good local guy shooting a high grade Simpson. I was shooting my new 4E Ithaca 16 for the very first time. -We had a shoot off on the 5-stand and tied again, but on the second shoot off I broke 4/6 and he shot 3/6, and I went home with the trophy. I took 2nd place in the large bore combined course( 10, 12,16)losing by one target. I shot my Fox pin gun 12. Shot well with my VH20 on the small bore course with the guy who I beat in the 16's--he only dropped 2 birds out of 50 with his RBL 20.
Met fellow PGCA forum member Rich Lamendola, who showed me his beautiful Lefevers.
A great day and looking forward to a more relaxing shoot with my friends at the Southern and Hausman's