View Single Post
Going forward.
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
John Knobelsdorf II
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Going forward.

Thank you for sharing pictures and the story. It’s a shame about the dent in the barrel. Is there an educational story about how it came to be hit with a .380? I’m always interested in learning from someone else’s experience.

Feels great to know that the barrels got sent off and evaluated for you at the DelGrego shop. It may not be good news, but at least the information would help move me on to the best result for myself.

What you have to work with is clearly attractive and I can well imagine it has good value for you or somebody else.

Right now I can see two ways forward (if this were mine).

- Find a gunsmith with the capability of fitting replacement barrels. Get his cost estimate. This would be a new experience for me. Then evaluate whether the benefits justify the cost. If there is any family heirloom value, then I would be willing to spend more money. That would be for my own enjoyment. From here on out it is going to be a Parker to shoot and have fun with.

- Then, if the cost for replacement barrels and their fitting turns out to be more than it’s worth, I would offer it up here or in one of the online websites for auction sales. Letting go of this as a distraction in my life.

Meghan Superczynski, for Boss Shotshells, Bridgman, Michigan
John Knobelsdorf II is offline   Reply With Quote