Very wise decision- IMO
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Very wise decision- IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund McIlhenny View Post
I was thinking,not very hard,of buying a shooter.Your numerous comments have help me decide not to buy.
Are you, by any chance, related to the famous Tabasco sauce folks down there? I put it on everything except Wheaties and ice cream- I would, in this open market, avoid ANY fine double with cut off barrels, no matter how much was cut- when there are numerous Parkers, etc on Guns International, Gun broker- etc-and a soft price market for the lower to middle grades.

It is not just the choke- it is the radius and taper originally bored into those barrels- and no "Briley tubes" can restore that- and Jess Briley is a master machinist and metal worker, as is Kirk Merrington.

I go back to the now late Ed Muderlak's sage words re: Parkers and other fine guns- also echoed by Larry Baer, Thomas Kidd and others- better to own a few unaltered and close to factory specs. guns than a rack full of "??"- hard to resell, if that scenario should ever come up.

IMO- anyone who takes a hacksaw to the barrels of ANY good grade double gun (The cowboy action redneck ilk non-withstanding) should be horse whipped in the public square and then dipped in Tabasco sauce and then sun-dried--:b igbye:
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote