Thread: Good ol UPS
View Single Post
UPS-- Uniformed *&^%$#headed Saboteurs--
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default UPS-- Uniformed *&^%$#headed Saboteurs--

I have shipped barrels to Buck Hamlin, and received them back after rechoking from him- I use Heavy Wall (think about schedule pipe- the thicker the wall the greater the crush resistance- PVC with the proper end caps PVC glued on both ends- double wrapped in bubble wrap and with crushed newspapers at each end of the barrel set- I don't mess with the UPS idiots, I use USPS Priority Mail Insured with the tracking code number- and I describe the item enclosed as "gauged steel machine tubing"-- I have done this, both with Buck and a few other folks who bought barrels from me, so far- 100%. Not cheap- the heavy wall PVC tubing and end caps, plus the weight factor, and insurance at way above replacement cost- try to find a set of 28" O frame barrels for a AHE 20 gauge- ain't easy-

For those who have purchased barrels, I offer a $15.00 rebate plus the cost of their sending me back the now empty tube with the caps-

Calvin- I'm no "William Pinkerton" BUT sure looks to me like vandalism, and I'd be filing a report against UPS- thank God the barrels weren't damaged, but someone at UPS needs to get the message- Loud and clear-
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote