View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,191 Times in 12,368 Posts

Tom Pero of Wild River Press has very generously donated the Leather Bound Limited Edition of the newly minted "New England Grouse Shooting" by William Harnden Foster, originally published in 1942 - the year after his untimely death.

This new leather-bound limited edition publication by Wild River Press will soon prove to become a collectors item - as has the first edition, first printing from '42.

You don't need to be from New England to appreciate Foster's great writing about the early days of his family's hunting style. The Little Gun, the story of that sixteen-gauge hammer Parker from "the dusty little plant down in Meriden" (still owned by a member of the Foster family) is the first chapter and is a favorite of we Parker-shooting grouse hunters.

NOTE: The book depicted is NOT the leather-bound Limited Edition

The leather-bound Limited Edition is currently for sale for $250 from Wild River Press.
When these are (soon) out of stock, who knows what price they will command on the collector book market?

Be the lucky winning bidder on the fabulous Limited Edition!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEGS.jpg (131.0 KB, 3 views)

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: