View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #3
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Great pictures Dean, they are some cute pups. When I was looking at them I noticed your "I'm a Setter man" salutation and boy, did that bring back memories.

When I was a young boy back in the mid 50's, my dad would stop in Vowinckel Pennsylvania to have something to eat at the Hotel there. It was a bar really, and it had all kinds of animal mounts on the walls which would fascinate any child. One that my dad would use to get me going was a Jackalope; a rabbit with antelope horns. But, the memory that stands out the most was my confusion when I went to use their restroom. As a small boy, I knew nothing about identifying one bread of dog from another. So, when I got to the restroom door, I didn't know what to do. You see, on the two doors the men and woman text was not posted, only a picture of a dog. Each door had a painting of a dog; now I know that one was a Setter and the other was a Pointer, but back then I was puzzled as to their meaning. I drove by there about ten years ago and I just had to stop. It hadn't changed in over 50 years.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robin Lewis For Your Post: