View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,139 Posts

John, I'm not sure I understand the reference to double stamping, but your gun looks like a sound, well used trojan -- and an early one. Except for the rib extension, I did not see anything extraordinary or especially unique, but it looks like the screws are good and generally timed, and that the finish -- well worn -- appears original. It's looks like a nice gun, and since it's a 20 gauge, more desirable. I'd sure advise membership as the next step for you...and then get a letter on the gun if you want something to support an insurance policy. If you check the various double gun sales websites -- I'd recommend "guns international" as a good place to start -- you can begin to see what people are asking for Parker's lowest grade gun in similar condition. There are still lots of things about your gun that can only be determined with the gun in hand.

It's a very nice gun, and a family heirloom. Enjoy it!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote