View Single Post
My little A H Fox is on its way
Unread 06-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #1
Brian H
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,032 Times in 442 Posts

Default My little A H Fox is on its way

About a year ago I cam across this 20 gauge Fox Sterlingworth for sale with no wood. The gun is as solid as a rock sporting 28" barrels and extractors. I called Chris Dawe and asked him if he was interested in a project putting together a custom Fox? He was very interested in taking it on but as always was extremely humble and reserved about the work as he had never done any significant metal reshaping for a custom. My comment to him was "if it doesn't work out just chuck it in Ocean", which is walking distance from his house, and we can salvage a few bucks out of the barrels. Two months ago Chris found the time to get things going and with very little direction from me on what i wanted started removing metal creating the gun you see below. I can tell you this gun will not be found in Seal Cove!

The blank came from Cecil in AZ and will sport a Prince of Whales grip, horn heel and toes clips, horn forearm tip and a silver shield. The measurements we decided on are 14 5/8" 1 1/2" and 2 1/4" with a few degrees of pitch to keep it on my shoulder for the second shot.

I hope you enjoy the photo's as much as have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F1.jpeg (108.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpeg f2.jpeg (103.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg f3.jpeg (114.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg f4.jpeg (103.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpeg f5.jpeg (97.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg f6.jpeg (114.0 KB, 34 views)
Brian Hornacek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Brian Hornacek For Your Post: