View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2022, 08:09 AM   #24
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,531 Times in 994 Posts

Welcome Buck. I am going to go out there and say spending the $300-400 on The Parker Story will give you more information than you can digest and it's an invaluable reference if you're looking to spend big money on these guns. Also I would highly recommend the serialization book, the best $35 you will spend.
With two kids in college I'm relegated to "shooters" for the next number of years. I bought a 16g GH which I made a mistake on, the replacement stock and bluing/case coloring are not correct. Hence I'm throwing good money after bad and having Brian Dudley try to make her correct. My mistake is several thousand, not many like a 28g. The dream gun for me is a nicely kept but original 16g DHE as my grouse gun. Some day. Enjoy the forum, the folks are great and the research is half the fun. I'm just starting the second volume of The Parker Story, it's all fascinating. Oh, you will own many more than one, just to prepare you. They're fun as hell to shoot. I find the learning curve very steep to spot originality and correct alterations/modifications but that's half the fun.