View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #13
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

That was a great song written by Pete Seeger and performed by the Byrds with Roger McGuinn singing lead. Pete took the lyrics from the Bible almost word for word. He donated all his royalties from the song to Israeli charities.

I can sympathize with the pain of the loss of a long time hunting partner. It must be difficult and entering the field without that partner will always be incomplete. As a mostly solo hunter, I won't have to deal with that. But I do have to deal with the pain of losing my canine hunting partners. I miss every one I had and I have had them since the first one at 14 years old. When my partner Stoney died, I vowed to never have another bird dog, the pain of losing him was so great. I was ready to stop bird hunting. I still had my retriever for ducks, but I pretty much decided that Stoney would be my last bird dog. But after 3 years I am now ready to get back into the game. I am looking for another setter which is a bit difficult since my breeder and trainer has died. But there is a little setter for me out there somewhere and I will find a new buddy.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post: