View Single Post
My Parker Hammer gun
Unread 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
David Cobb
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default My Parker Hammer gun

Hello All, I am new to the forum. I own a Parker Hammer gun. It is serial number 02895 which puts its date of manufacture at 1874. The PGCA indicates there are records available so I'm going to get a research letter for sure. It has been in my family for a long time and we may be the original owner.

It's not a fancy grade, has surface rust in places and dents and dings in the wood but it appears to be intact with the same serial numbers on the receiver, barrel, and forearm. There are no cracks in the wood, all the screws and pins are there. I'm not going to try to do anything to it until I do more research, but in the long run I'd like to restore it if the unrestored intrinsic value is low.

It's marked as a decarbonized barrel, and there's a few other markings. On the bottom of the receiver is stamped "PAT NOV13 1866". The watertable has the serial number with the number 1 above it.

The barrel lug has the serial number on one side and on the back and the letter "S" or number "5" on the bottom of the lug (frame size?)

The letters J.D. are next to the lug on the flats. That's the only marking on the flats.

The numbers 0 1 3 are on the bottom of the left barrel near the flats.

The gun disassembles easily, triggers cock, the forearm is a little loose because the bracket holding it is beginning to detach from the bottom of the barrel. Hasn't been shot in many many years.

Any comments would be appreciated;

Last edited by David Cobb; 12-27-2009 at 09:17 PM..
David Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote