View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #29
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Components together start loading soon. Have two lots of new primed Cheddite hulls that I will trim back to 2 7/8 then Roll Crimp. Follow the advice posted, add a filler wad bottom of the shot cup. 1 1/8 of 7 1/2 Red dot or Unique from the spreadsheet. Looking for about 1150 fps

Also have a fair amount of RST empties Cheddite hulls 2 7/8 inches that were fold crimped. Folds don't roll all that well, best if they are trimmed back to fresh plastic then roll the crimp in. Case will end up about 2 1/2. That what I do with 20's and 12's cut the crimp away, fired case is a bit shorter than 2 1/2 inches depending on the hull brand. Not a problem use appropriate wad for the light shot loads I am using. Those gauges use the rolled shells for spreaders makes it simple to identify

10's components not as easy, Remington wads hold a lot more shot than the 1 1/8 I plan on loading. All advice is to add a filler. I cut one of the wads petals back about 3/16 inch, shortened it holds 1 1/8 oz nice and makes a good fit in the shorter cut back case.

Anybody cut the wad shorter to suit the case size ? I would do it for spreader loads only and to use up the fired RST's Seems OK thought I would ask first.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote