View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #68
Brian H
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,027 Times in 440 Posts

Its been a long road on this one, thanks for all the nice words but they all should go to the this fine team of craftsman in Canada Chris Dawe on wood, Oskar Kob on case color, Christian Lemieux on metal shaping, Max Roux on welding and the master engraver Paul Dubois.

When I first started going to gun shows in 1999 this semi inlet blank sat on a gun show table of a gentleman that made stocks until he gave up shows around 2008. About 4 years ago I called the guy up looking for some model 12 wood and odds and ends for projects. When he dug into his Parker blanks he pulled it out and I laughed thinking I always admired that piece of wood. He told me he bought a pallet of wood at the Fajen auction and it was in the bunch. I bought about 15 sets of wood that day and he gave me a heck of deal for the set, $250 or $300 as I remember. Chris said it was easy to work with and well duplicated.

I was asked about the grip cap again, Chris made the base out of some horn material I picked up for him a few years back and the center is brass...sorry did not have access to gold at the time moving tings forward but regardless its a piece of art!
Brian Hornacek is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Hornacek For Your Post: