View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

Yes, that is correct. The PGCA BOD requires a true "FIRST NAME and LAST NAME" to the the conjoined "User Name". What MySQL sees is the first letter of the database field - which hold the first letter of the first name, which is what all "Member Search" look-up's depend on. If I concatenate the First and Last name - that doesn't work, as folks also register the REAL FIRST and LAST NAME with a middle initial, or a middle initial with a ".", or a surname - Jr., Sr, III, well - then it breaks.

With me so far?

Great...

Image uploads... Sure - BUT the forum in question uses PhpBB - not vB. The core code on this site is wildly hacked (Sorry Robin - it is NOT "off the shelf") to do uploads the way we do. Could I do "Drag & Drop"? Maybe - but - then I hack and whack more code, and at the end of the day - it will probably break what I've already "whacked" in PHP code.

And - in fact - there is a bigger hurdle in my sights.. That is that PayPal (which many of you use for your Memberships/Renewals/Letters) - may indeed require an SSL/TLS Signed Certificate to complete the transaction - which will require a whole damned lot more programming.

Remember - I don't get paid for any of my time, just my server connection costs - so, we'll see where this lands.

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post: