View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2020, 06:28 PM   #16
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
The other company that attempted it went bust and a few people were left hung out to dry. The quality was inferrior ant they were heavy and unbalanced.
I don’t remember the name of the company but it’s good that they’re gone.

Dean,
I only know of Pitty Pat Dugan and myself that received the CSMC 410 barrels. There are likely others, but in the years since I've received mine, Pat and I are the only ones that have surfaced on forums that I've checked into.

I will say that the quality of the workmanship rivals the OEM Repro barrels, I think Pat will support that, but they are indeed heavy. This was due to the need to have the breech ends match the 28 gauge frame. There's just no elegant way to transition from 410 tubes to a 28 ga breech diameter while keeping the weight down and having a practical method of forming a water table on the barrels. They chose to go with an aesthetically pleasing taper on the outside, which makes for a heavy barrel set. While they are heavy, the gun is still around 6 1/2 lbs or less and swings nicely as much of the added weight is between the hands.

regards
Chuck
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Heald For Your Post: