View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
Khanh Nguyen
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just something I found on the forum about the NSFL guns. Since the NSFL guns did not carry special serial numbers like the steel shot specials (12SS-xxxx) I tend to believe that the numbers were in normal series and Jim Rickhof just got the first 100 production guns in 20 and 28g

"Richard, I also have a NSFL 28 ga 2 barrel set. Below is information I found out in 2006 about the NSFL. This may be more than you ever wanted to know, but here goes.
From 2006
"Your Parker repro is one of 100 guns from The National Sporting Fraternity. I have been a member of this organization for over 20 years. It was started by Jim Rikhoff of New Jersey. He worked for Winchester and Winchester press. The goal of the NSFL is to bring back sporting literature remenisint of the days of Derrydale Press. These guns were the first two bbl sets as I recall produced for the Repo Parker. As memory serves (not something to rely on ) the second set of bbls were made by Krieghoff. These guns were used as a fundraiser for NSFL.
You might be able to gain more information by contacting the NSFL through Amwell Press in Clinton, New Jersey."

From 2006. I then talked to Jim Rikhoff and below is what I found out.

"I talked to Jim Rikhoff today and was given the following information about these Parker Repro’s with the NSFL markings.
He did work for Olin-Winchester for 16 years in the 60’s and early 70’s and at the time these guns were being developed he was friend of the Skeuse family. The NSFL was given the rights to 100 each of the 20 and 28 ga. guns to offer to their members. They were offered by subscription and all 100 of each gauge were sold. They were only offered as 2 barrel sets and were to have upgraded wood. There were no unusual options available and they were only offered in DHE grade.
Mr. Rikhoff was not aware of any special serial numbers being issued, nor does he recall that they were to be given the first 100 of each. However they were offered to the members in early 1984 and since the only serial numbers that I have heard of were below 100 and appear to be in the normal numbering sequence, with no special markings, it seems possible that these are the first 100 of each guage..
If anyone comes up with any additional information on these guns I would be interested in knowing about it."

Gordon"
Khanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote