View Single Post
New Member in South Jersey
Unread 05-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
Roberto S Siciliano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Member in South Jersey

Hello Fellow PB Owners,

I inherited two Parker doubles from my now deceased father. One is a 1887 Parker 10 ga., SxS, top lever w/ hammers, Serial #52,485, It seems to be an "O" or "P" grade [the stamp is very unclear] and has ejectors. I have no memory of him ever firing it and it's been disabled and packed away for many decades.

Overall it seems in pretty tight shape but the right hammer is loose & limp. The left hammer is stiff yet seems okay.

I'd like to have the gun inspected by a Parker friendly gunsmith and have written to 3-4 that have been recommended in the forum here. Each of these smith's are currently not taking on any more work. A real sign of the times.

This leaves me with diving into this project myself. I'm pretty mechanical and have torn down and reassembled many firearms, both long and handguns.
Yet I'm a little nervous about opening these Parkers because my Pop cherished them. Growing up they were sacred. But I'm willing.

I imagine the right hammer spring/assembly will have to be replaced on the above mentioned gun. That means I'll probably be seeking parts. I;d appreciate if anyone can point me towards parts availability. I understand the aforementioned gunsmiths may have needed parts. When I get this old Gal opened up you'll be hearing more from me.

I'm delighted to be among such an astute group. Pop would be pleased.
Roberto S Siciliano is offline   Reply With Quote