View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #18
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,402 Posts

I think things got worse if that was possible.

I was at KTP this week for the big event of the year, Septemberfest. I thought they might have been holding some things back and would put them out for it. Didn't happen. They have had plenty of 9mm and 5.56 at higher prices but shotgun ammo and components extremely thin, emphasis on extremely. One manager I have known for years told me they recently had a one million dollar backorder cancelled and the supplier said we don't know when we would be able to fill it. They had a flash ammo sale this past Friday and they had some Winchester Fast Dove in 12 ga for 8.99 a box if I remember right. A 1 ounce loading at 1350 fps, no thanks.

The local Walmarts have started to move non shooting related products to the shelves where ammo used to be.

Major Waldron's gun club is still selling loading ammo but only for what you are going to use (no taking it home), they just recently increased prices for it to $10 a box for 12 and 20 gauge.

I think if supply is going to catch up it would have to happen during the winter when hunting season is over and not as many clay pigeons are being thrown. If we go into March '22 with things still in short supply I believe '22 will be another very dry year for us.