View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #12
DoubleDown
Forum Associate

Member Info

The FPC is something I really look forward too as a part of my late summer shooting schedule. Like the rest of the Fox BOD, I'm committed to turning this into a bigger event, along the lines of the Parker/ LCS shoot at the Southern. The Southern is the Southern and seems to draw people from all parts of the country no matter how far the drive. The challenge has been to find a venue and a shoot that will have the same kind of draw as the Southern, but later in the year. I have always attended Hausmann's and Mike's shoot at Rock Mountain, which is one of my favorite places to shoot. This year, I'll add Hopkins to the list as well. I'm hoping that moving the shoot a little more south will allow some more shooters to attend. To Frank's point, I think much of the draw at the Southern is the vendors, and I hope that the VC is successful at bringing them in this year. My understanding from last year is that both shoots held on the same weekend drew pretty close to the same numbers, so hopefully we'll see attendance rise for both. That said, I live in the South and will be traveling North for all three events this year. If anyone wants to break up the drive by stopping here, or wants to ride together let me know.

Mike
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike.Smith For Your Post: