View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Blue Collar
PGCA Member

Member Info

FS, I will weigh in with a slightly different thought on choke modifications. I have a long history of upland birds and waterfowl and have always believed that open chokes for water fowl and middling chokes for upland birds. Then I found Parker shotguns and taught myself some new ideas. The first thing I learned is that full is not as devastating a handicap as you might think it is. Second, the second shot is usually +35 yards and often further.

Consider this, shoot 2 cases of shells through your Trojan at clay targets, then make a decision about what chokes you would prefer.

I have a VH choked IC and Full and while I expected to ream the full back to IC or Mod, after a lot of clays, I decided to stay with what I had.

Either way I think your Trojan is a shooter so make it what you feel most confident with and you will never look back.

So my advice is caution. Hunting season is not for another 9+ months. You have time to make a considered decision. And as someone already pointed out this is a great excuse for another Parker in the future.