View Single Post
Mystery Damascus Barrels
Unread 01-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Default Mystery Damascus Barrels

Below is a picture that Drew included in an earlier post. The gun was mine and one I restored. One thing that always puzzled me was there was a section of the right barrel that finished much lighter than the rest of the barrels. I have no idea why this happened. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m at a loss to explain it.

Note to my many friends on this board……..I don’t post that much anymore but I plan to become more engaged. I am now retired and living in my home town of Pawling, NY, in the house that my grandfather had built in 1905. I hunted every day (the property I hunt is 15 minutes from the house) from 10/1 to 12/23 except for six days. Mornings I spent bird or duck hunting and evenings bow hunting for deer. I take mostly pictures of the deer since I am very selective on what I’ll shoot. I did manage four deer, the biggest being a very large eight pointer that I saw numerous times before I took him.

Retirement has been wonderful and seeing so many of my old friends still posting makes me very happy.

Here are the mysterious barrels……..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damascus.jpg (31.9 KB, 328 views)
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post: