View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2018, 07:16 AM   #9
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mr. Bauer like you I came on to the forum like many asking that same theme of question. I think there are better alternatives available to better take care of these old guns like RST loads. However before that I would not be surprised if there were not a lot of those same shells run through that gun. That was back then. Safely guessing well over hundred years later that gun was first christened with black powder loads and not designed for modern smokeless loads even though shells are now approaching 80 to 100 year themselves it maybe best not to push it. Odds are probably in your favor shooting them will turn out okay but its just risky and your pushing if by going over the top of loads that gun was designed to shoot.

Btw Richard is right calling those loads cannon fodder since they have more powder than an M-80 firecrackers, and M-80s were made by military at turn of 1900's to simulate explosions and artillery fire. Urban legend was that an M-8o was equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite which was not true, but those shells with that amount of powder are getting dang close to a quarter stick of dynamite.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote