View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #8
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
I am also using Ballistic Products 8ga. roll crimper, and am having the same issues you're having. The design of their crimper is wrong in that the one bar, does not have a radius starter, so the outside of the rolled edge is a sharp 90, rather than a smooth nicely rolled edge. Also, part of the top edge is galled, like yours.
The first picture is some paper 12ga. shells I loaded up this morning, using a Bridgeport Gun Implement Co. four bar roller. It literally takes 5 turns of the handle to get a flawless roll every time. I wish I could fing and antique roller for 8 ga, but then I'm not planning on doing a mess of them. I would like to find something to replace my 16 and 20 gauge rollers, and bought one of the Russian rollers on ebay. Delivery was promised for September 16th. Geez, you'd think they were on the other side of the world or something.
Three times I’ve gotten slug molds from the Russian Federation on Ebay and NONE got to me faster than two weeks . “Usually” they don’t make the item until after you order it despite the Ebay auctions claiming they have x amount in stock . That company in the UK that has once fired WIN 8 gauge hulls might have an old style roll crimper . I forgot the name however .