View Single Post
Adirondacks- Grouse/Woodcock Hunting
Unread 12-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
Wilmurt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Adirondacks- Grouse/Woodcock Hunting

Since the 1930’s our family had a 1860’s Camp within a 3000 acre private club in the Adirondack’s that was mostly used for fishing, deer hunting and snowmobiling. Along the lake there are 7-8 other families with same interests but none of them bird hunters. We sold the house in 1994 and I resigned my membership in 2011 so longer have unlimited access to the property. My question to everyone is what grouse/woodcock experience do any Board members have bird hunting in the Adirondacks. The place I’m referring to is in the SW corner of the Adirondack Park between Herkimer and Speculator, NY. It’s about an hour Northeast from Ilion, NY off Rt 8 in Hamilton County. The forrest surrounding the Club is virtually untouched and very mature but certain sections have been logged over the last 10-20 years with new birch, aspen and beech growth appearing. Plus, wild berry bushes are everywhere as are springs and marshy areas. Would love to hear back with people’s thoughts because I’d like to ask permission to hunt the Club for a few days in 2018. Thanks.
Tom Jay is offline   Reply With Quote