View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #7
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
I love seeing these pictures now that I'm still mired in quail hunting withdrawal. I like what appears to be taking turns to shoot. Only Gentleman Bob promotes this kind of courtesy.

Oh, for next Fall!
There are three shooters walking up for the flush. I am in the middle, you can see the pointer on the left side of the shooter walking in on the right, and the second dog honoring on the right side of the same guy. I am about at my stopping place, but the two outside shooters are moving fast to the right and left, and will each end up making a slight semicircle around the covey. Also with us are the dog handler (cowboy hat with collar remotes strapped across his chest), The guy in the cowboy hat and the jacket with the orange on it behind me as I am shooting is the fourth member of the walk - up squad, but we only take three guns up to a point, no exceptions, so one guy always sits out. A second dog guy, (the guy in the red jacket) stays with the truck to let the Labs and Cockers out to pick up the dead birds. The shooter to my right is an unnamed dignitary, and that is why we had a professional photographer with us that day. These are pretty high res pics, and they will enlarge well.

Really good quail country, we moved 17 coveys that morning, and 14 more that afternoon.