View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #16
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Henley View Post
The grade and other characteristics related to valuation.
Robert, You have the "other characteristics" in your possession -- the gun. What the barrels look like inside (and out), whether or not those barrels have been cut, their wall thickness, etc. will all contribute to the value of your gun. If you have access to a good gunsmith who knows old double barreled guns and has the tools and knowledge to evaluate them for safety and originality, you can get more concrete estimations regarding the gun.

However, if you have better (and more) pictures of the gun, I never ceased to be amazed at what some of our members can deduce from photos.

Nota Bene: If indeed the barrels were 30 and are now 26 inches, that does not bode well for value.

Still, you have an example of one of the finest guns ever produced in America, and a piece of history also -- enjoy the gun and the search for more information about it. Consider getting a research letter for the gun. Those letters can help considerably in determining value in a gun because they give clues to its originality.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: