View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #19
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Thanks for that Kevin. I missed not seeing you and Bill and was having flashbacks to last year's setup day. M24 was manned by neither of us this year, but we were assured we would have it back next year. Hate to loose it after all these years. I trust brothers Corona,Bishop and the other PGCA regulars kept you company.
So lets have the report; what did I miss, what did you buy, what about your compatriot?
Yeah, you do NOT want to lose your place on the MACA roster! It took me 3 years to get into that show just for a display table! As you are well aware, there are no "walk-ons" for tables, but if you pay careful attention to the rules, you can luck out. Our friend John Allgood got a table last year literally 4 days before the show when several tables came open and they ran down the contact list. John was smart enough to keep in touch with the Show Committee contact they assigned him by calling up every few weeks to see if his name had advanced on the waiting list - really the only way to go.

Chuck and Daryl buzzed our booth regularly to give us updates on walk-around sellers carrying good stuff. I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, but there was an outrageous Parker $250+ grade hammer gun cased and displayed on a local dealer's table, one of the nicest I've seen in years. Also lots of buzz about the absolutely mint, probably unfired 20 ga. AE grade Fox which, so far as I know, went home with the dealer after the show. Bill bought an outstanding big bore (REALLY big!) graded Lefever that I will let him share with you when he gets home later today from the L.C. Smith shoot up in Carlisle PA. Our consortium scored a very nice condition 26" AE grade Fox as well, which we coaxed out of the trunk of a walk-around who wanted to sell us a Lefever and/or an LC Smith he was carrying around (he didn't want to walk all the way out to the parking lot to retrieve it, but we "encouraged" him enough that he eventually caved).

Daryl related in another post about the amazing dialog with the dealer who had the blued-all-over Trojan for sale - there was another one even scarier - completely blued in a super shiny finish (hot blued then buffed??) which the dealer was very proud of - $2200 firm! As always, we had a great time and I was particularly gratified to get rid of even more of my dwindling supply of geegaws and books. Missed you man!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post: