View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,882 Times in 4,762 Posts

What seems like just a few years ago, Vegas was a great trip for my friends and me. However, I am 76 and have run out of friends that are interested. $59 hotel rooms, cheap airfare from the east coast, packing empty gun cases, drinks at the Crash Bar in the Riviera, dollar hot dogs at the Marilyn Monroe snack bar. One return trip on Southwest, the lone hostess asked our group to handle the rear bar because they were short handed and couldn't man both ends of the plane. I asked how much to charge for a drink. She said we would not charge for drinks. No danger of disgruntled passengers on our end. Buying a nice double ended piece of English for $115 from the man from Oregon. He said he would ship it because it wouldn't fit in my case. It arrived in MD unhindered by packing material with my name and address written on the wood in black magic marker. Half of it is now fitted to my prewar Midas Superposed. I looked at a Super Fox and was dithering when a hand rested on my shoulder. He said he would take it if I didn't. That cinched the purchase of my first Super. The hand belonged to Tom Kidd. There is no end to stories about Winter Vegas. Wish I were going.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: