View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #12
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Sounds right to me. I found my January/February, 1990 issue of Shooting Sportsman magazine, in which Reagent Chemical and Research (owners of the company; Winchester was contracted to make the guns at Olin-Kodensha in Japan) advertised that the guns were discontinued as of December, 1989. They claimed to have many unsold guns, as well as spare parts and extra bbls to last for years. Alas, a flood at the warehouse damaged the spare parts which were then never sold (liability?). There were, however, many closeout guns which sold for less than MSRP right after the company closed. Great bargains; I wish I had bought a few . After 20 years, the guns have barely doubled in value, which is quite a bargain considering inflation and how much some other guns have gone up in value in the same time! And by the way G., FYI, they are more commonly referred to as Parker Reproductions (or Repros), not Winchester Parkers.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=288
This might help with your serial # questions. The 20/16 ga 2 bbl sets were numbered 20-XXXX, the 28/.410 sets were numbered 28-XXXX.
By the way, I hate calling you "G". What is your first name. I believe the forum rules require your "real first and last name."
Joe

Last edited by Joe Bernfeld; 08-02-2009 at 11:05 PM..
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote