View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

To be totally honest I only have two loads !

The one I use , which I got from Reloader Magazine a few years back when Ross Seyfried did an article on his favourite loads . And it just so happened he has or had a W.&C. Scott 10 gauge with damascus and hammerless just like mine . So I use his load for 1 1/4 ounces of shot for just about everything !

It works out pretty well as I can load 1 1/4 ounces of whatever shot I want inside a SP-10 wad with a 16 gauge 1/4" fiber wad in the bottom of the shot cup and a .135" 10 gauge card wad above the shot . Pushed with 30 grains od SR7625 and lit with a CCI209 .
I can also leave out the birdshot , 16 gauge wad and the card and put twelve 00 Buck pellets for pretty much the same thing !

I have another load writtin down in my loading room somewhere for a 1 1/2 Ounce of shot in the SP-10 , a .135" card wad , Universal Clays and a CCI209 . Don't remmember how much of that off the top of my head . But to be honest I'm quite satisfied with the load I'm using at 1 1/4 ounces . And hopefully I can come up with a decent roundball that will fit inside the SP-10 and be safe in my old damascus gun !