View Single Post
Sporting clays with a repro 20ga.
Unread 06-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

Default Sporting clays with a repro 20ga.

I have been shooting sporting clays for several weeks now with my DHE 20 repro...PG-DT-SF 28" M/F Our club has registerd shoots and offers a difficult set of stations with several birds at 35-40 yards crossing fast, with a couple mini-s and a double thrown in for good measure. We shoot even stations one week and odd stations the following week. I can do well at better than half the stations and fail badly at a couple that drag my score down. I know my worst offence is shooting behind the birds and will work at that flaw. My average is arround 30 of 50 I also shoot low gun like you would in a hunting situation. I have a great time and the scores are of no merit as we are lone shooters. I would like to get into the 45 of 50 range by summers end if that is possible with my 20ga. The parker repro is working like a clock and the receiver is turning a very nice shade of antique silver. It realy looks nice on the rack! Next year Ill try a 12 or 16 for the summer and compair scores. The big test will be in Michigan on wild grouse this october.....(-: Thats why I realy shoot this game. thanks all Kenny from Ohio...
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post: