View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,597 Times in 3,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
Thanks but I doubt I find the 24” as they only show 6 or 7 in the book , that’s not to say there weren’t more but I doubt it to be over twenty at best . The book shows 26” EH at 12 or 13 I think so perhaps with the serial numbers missing there could be maybe thirty of them . But then “the book” showed fifteen I think of the 34” and I lucked into one of them ( I suspect the number of unknown 34” to be greater then the short ones). Good luck with the gobble birds , I’m afraid my hunting this year may take a strong hit as family obligations may keep me out of the woods altogether .
Craig, sorry to hear you may miss out on some hunting. I hope things work out well for you and your family.

As for the quest, in the oft-repeated mantra of the PGCA, "Never Say Never!" I bought a 16 hammer gun at an auction, and a year later, lucked into another one. Upon checking serial numbers, I found that they were sequential. I'll take luck when I can get it, so maybe you'll find those short-barreled EHs before you know it. Just imagine the picture of all of them lined up...
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: