View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #14
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

That is definitely a love it or hate it gun. If you like unique guns with extreme features, then that is the gun for you.

No doubt that the form of that gun is maybe....butt ugly to most, to put it politely. When I first saw the post like others, I wondered as to how the heck the hardware would work on that fore-arm and that could be quite a feat as Brian suggested. I also think that gun had a distinct purpose, hunting probably not one of them. I also don't think it a trap gun due to length of barrel and choke. However given the short barrel, chokes as described in listing, and the weight forward profile I would think the function of that on a skeet course could help produce some interesting scores. Looks like an interesting experiment. Don't know if it worked or not, but obviously some one commissioned the work of a skilled gunsmith to put that all together on a decent piece of wood.

Since we don't see a whole lot of them out there, guess just consider it a one off relic in the heap of good thought, bad idea gun modifications. As others pointed out, maybe there is some salvage value of that forearm since it does have extra wood, guess it could be reshaped and maybe gun purchased at a deep enough discount to make sense to accommodate a reasonable repair.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote