Thread: Help wit id
View Single Post
Thanks and I am glad you son will hunt with you.
Unread 11-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thanks and I am glad you son will hunt with you.

What hunting will you be doing? Small game, game birds, perhaps ducks? I treasure all the many days I spent hunting and shooting with my grandfather, father, uncles and their many friends. I am 70, have been shooting since I was about 9 years old, and never grow tired of it.

I think maybe the interest in the many windmills that are in both Denmark and the Netherlands, as far as the American Company is concerned, is that here we are trying to harness wind energy to offset both coal and nuclear powered electrical power generating plants. Of course, many farmers and other rural residents used windmills on their farms, but in the late 1930's the Rural Electric Co-Ops started, and by the late 1940's most homes in America had electricity.

You handle the English very well. Most European Countries have required a fluency in English to graduate from High School. Sadly, that is not the case here in America. If you are ever going to visit the Midwest of America, please let me know ahead of your travels, and if at all possible, I would very much like to have your visit our Danish heritage town.

We have hosted many Exchange students in the past- mostly from Germany and also Switzerland. A great way to learn about other cultures. I am glad you are joining the PGCA and will obtain a research letter on your fine 20 bore Parker shotgun. Part of the enjoyment of owning such a fine weapon is learning about its origins and travel before it came into your hands. Best- Francis M.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote