View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #10
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
i have never used no 9 shot but then again its just because i never had a box of them... i shot the 8 gaue brass loads a few minutes ago they fired ok the secret to brass hulls and smokeless powder is to push on the wadding with pressure and use hot glue gun and glue them while holding pressure on the top wad i used an ordanary wood pencil to push with..2 of the brass hulls were winchester 8 ga hulls i used the large pistol primer in them...the other 2 hulls were brass also but had parker brothers on them they were new hulls they used 209 primers in them...did not pattern them....just shot across yard...no dr pepper can was hurt...ha charlie
some short 8 ga loads with #9s would make a great quail gun , I could see you doing that haha .

Ive read that also about using a hot glue gun , in his video Larry Potterfield used something called water glass to glue his into place .

Charlie have you watched this video , they talk about how hunting was done with the 10,8, & 4 bores . I found it really interesting where he mentions if you owned one of these guns then your children (which they had alot of back in those days) had better diets and more protein than other families . So they would be healthier .

Shooting them on the deck as he calls it would probably be considered unsportsmanlike these days haha .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLVJo6CDGmM&t=1895s
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote