Thread: 8 ga loads
View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

today i was looking at the 8 gs stuff i have i refound a roll crimper for the 8 ga that i got some where in my travels...i used a black remington plastic hull loaded it with 45 grains bluedot powder then put 2 1/8 inch thick over powder wad then a remington s p 8 wad then 2 1/2 ounces of no 6 lead shot then i split one of the over powder wads and put it over the shot then i roll crimped it with the old hand cranked crimper....was the best looking roll crimp i have ever done...this is the only 8 gauge hand crimper i have ever seen any body else got one of these kind of hand rolled crimpers...i have watched ebay for a long time but have never seen one on there...you will see them aplenty in 12 ga and some in 16 20 and very few in 410...i do all my roll crimping in 8 ga with one i bought from precision reloading it works in a drill does a good job but not as good as this old hand roller...i also did 2 brass shells today loaded them with bluedot to...used hot glue gun to hold the wads with...it was raining here today so it will be tommorrow before i get to shoot them and see how every thing goes hope fully bang...
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: