Thread: questions
View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
Bill Paul
PGCA Member

Member Info

OK: so as Paul Harvey would say, here's the rest of the story. I bought this gun 20 pus years ago at a local gun show. It turned out to be my very most favorite shotgun and I shoot it better than any other gun I've owned. When I got it, the gun had been worked on or maybe" worked over ".The chambers had been reamed for 23/4 and somebody had taken a hammer to the receiver, YUK! Fortunately no real damage. The barrels had two small dents near the muzzle; maybe got a car door slammed on them ?. I am also suspicious that the butt stock may have ben replaced because the checkering is much better/ newer than on the fore arm. All this is to say that although it is a great shooter, I don't think a refinish job will detract from it's value; it ain't going no where anyway. So after 20 years I decided my favorite shot gun should be finished the way I want according to it's heritage. Thanks again for all your input, I really appreciate it. By the way, Mr. Budley I checked you web site great stuff ! I too hale from New York 50 some years ago.
Bill Paul is offline   Reply With Quote