View Single Post
Unread 09-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #15
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,534 Times in 3,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
I'm going over to a local muzzle loading gun shop next week. I'll take a 10ga shell and wad and try different size RB's in it to see what will stack flat.
000 will stack flat 2 to the layer

00 with stack flat 3 to a layer, however when you're done you can feel slight bulges on the outside of the shell , but they still go in and shoot okay

0 will stack flat 3 to a layer

1 will stack flat 4 to a layer

I have tried 2 that was a little loose 4 to a layer and #3 #4 were pretty much dump them in .

The idea of 0000 Buck or .375" roundballs intrigues me . And as I said earlier that's not going to be a Remington SP-10 wad propostion . However those balls in a brass shell with more shall we say classic wads is interesting . Someone here got some of the new Parker headstamp brass shells from Track of the Wolf and made turkey loads . I think his same loading procedure with these bigger balls might be a winner or atleast good enough for me to pot a porr unsuspecting deer inside say 25 yards . Even in the brass shell I think I would try and get a mylar or feflon wrap around the shot to help it scoot down the barrel a bit better .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote