View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #15
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,547 Times in 3,106 Posts

Twice you made reference to the gun being "discovered" but I'll be dipped in stink if I can figure out what event takes place for a gun to be "discovered". Is it like The Big Bang theory? One day it isn't and something cataclysmic happens?
I sort of figured when it was bought from Parker, there it is. You indicated the gun was made for Henry Lyman and that made sense, as he lived one town away from Meriden, The Lyman family being perhaps one of the most influential families in CT. it doesn't seem so far fetched that he might sell it to a friend in the very next town, also one town away from Meriden. Gary said he went to Cheshire, without the prior knowledge that the original owner was from Middlefield. I'll bet Lyman and Herrant knew each other for years and probably shot together, fished together and whatever else two old farts do together. So, if all this happened between pals, the gun has yet to be "discovered"? I've several guns my dad bought new, including a Parker. His DHE 20 is still in the family. I guess they have yet to be discovered,even though I swear I took the 16 grouse hunting last fall. Huh, go figure.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote