View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,360 Times in 12,409 Posts

The insurance policy covering the PGCA only covers guns and other items actually belonging to the PGCA and does not cover property belonging to members even displaying at a PGCA event.

Members should check their own insurance policies. Many will cover such personal property while some might not. Some will require notification that your guns will be displayed away from your home or office. Some, like Eastern Insurance Co. where many of us have our guns insured, cover our guns no matter where we have them or where and how we are hunting with them. All they require is a listing of all of our guns we wish them to insure.

In short, check your insurance policies or get in touch with Eastern to get them insured beforehand.

That being said, we have never had a single instance of damage or loss through theft in all the years our members have been displaying them either at the Southern or elsewhere. If you don't want to leave your guns overnight in the display ( Bill Kempffer employs a very highly regarded security company who are on site throughout the night.) you can take them with you when you leave the grounds for the day if you wish.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: