Unread 08-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe breda View Post
So, ...the hammers that I’ve remanufactured, may need more fitting into older Parker’s ?
It is also true that I’ve provided way more EHammers to the folks with the Skeuse Parker’s.
There could be a few reasons for that.
1, there are a lot of them out there, (and all were Ejector guns) and most importantly probably used more, either in the field or shooting Clays games, compared to older Parkers with ejectors ?
2. It’s also true that the right Ejector fails most often, probably due to it being used most often ?
3. I also believe there was/is a very minor flaw in the Reproduction process designed Skeuse Parker’s concerning the EHammers where the “L” shaped main sear, meets the hammer body. It originally had a sharp inside corner ! ! !
Most that know mechanical design know that is a weak stress point when there is a sharp inside corner ! And THAT is exactly where they have all failed, that I have seen ! It’s inherently a bad design area, and sooner or later it is going to fail at that point. It’s NOT a matter of if,... it is a matter of when, it’s going to fail, in my humble opinion?!
However, there is one caveat, to that !
That flaw may have been caught during the production run of the Skeuse Parkers, and therefore corrected in later runs ?
So I have to say I’m not 100% sure the flaw is in ALL the Skeuse Parkers ? ? ? It is possible it was addressed, but not really confident that it was ?
However, I did incorporate a small radius to the “L” Shaped inside corner where it meets the EHammer body to eliminate that stress point, to a much greater degree of robustness !

Parker Brothers learned of the flawed acute right angle concept in their earlier Lifter frames where the breech face met the water tables and so often cracked the frame at that point. A small change in machining the frame with a radius there alleviated the problem. And Parker Brothers carried the radiused right angle concept that they learned from the Lifter frames forward to the ejector hammers where they incorporated it there as well. The engineers in Kodensha thought they could shortcut that process.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: