Thread: Reverse Chokes
View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2024, 01:44 PM   #9
Adam Steinquist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Can anyone speak to how obvious tooling marks are from chokes being altered? I’ve had a German SxS worked on to open chokes by Mike Orlen and the tooling marks were very clear to see, but not sure how time affects things, and if choke work done 75 years ago would start to blend in with the rest of the barrels.

The right barrel also has a few small dents at the end of the barrel and maybe that is impacting the constriction of the pattern.

Is it possible that the order records that specify stock measurements and weight would have been logged separately from requests related to choke? I’m not trying to have anyone tell me, “Your gun is original” just looking to learn more about how/what Parker recorded these details.

I have two VH guns (1911 and 1928) and neither of those mention choke/patterning. One of my GH guns (1906) doesn’t mention original choking, but says it was returned to the factory to have the right choke opened up. My other GH (1897) does mention the choke boring when it was made.

Did the recording of choking/patterning happen more consistently during a particular era or above a certain grade gun?
Adam Steinquist is offline   Reply With Quote