View Single Post
New Back Action
Unread 12-18-2023, 06:05 PM   #1
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,090 Times in 416 Posts

Default New Back Action

I finally found a decent Back Action for the collection. It is a 12 gauge, 30" Decarbonized barrels. I just unpacked it and shot a few pictures. It really is better than the pictures look on my cell phone. There is some CC faint on the outside and higher inside. Stockmis great and has some really nice wood. One small pea size chunk out right under the firing pin corner and hard to see because of the hammer. Some staining but the only corrosion is a couple of spots toward the front of the right barrel. I truly believe it is all original. Numbers all match and engraving on rib is razor sharp. Checkering is worn more on one spot on front and rear; looks due to holding in the same spot. Lock up is tight on face and works easily and very smoothly. Down side is some barrel pitting but no corrosion. Slight in left barrel and more in right barrel. Barrels have no choke and are .729-.730 everywhere. RCC 12A brass shell fits perfectly. Serialsnumber is 1036 with and "O" preceding.

Nice score I think for the $800 price.

I also have a set of brand new Briley 28 Ga tubes I found in a Damascus English boxlock 2-1/2" I bought and it didn't need them. (Just scared of damascus, I guess). I dug them out and they fit perfectly, being 29" tubes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BA1.jpg (487.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg BA2.jpg (445.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BA3.jpg (444.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg BA4.jpg (480.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg BA5.jpg (485.8 KB, 3 views)
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: