View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,460 Times in 3,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Randy, when it was announced that PB and 7625 were being discontinued, I bought up all I could. Probably have at least 40 lbs of each and no, I'm not selling/trading any!!
A now deceased friend used to have a shop here in our county and many times I’d make the trip up to Shirk’s to pick up stuff for him and part of our deal was I could get what I wanted at cost . And usually I’d pick up 200-300 pounds of powder even though they were only supposed to allow me but 100 pounds per vehicle . When I heard they were gonna stop 7625 I told my friend to have them set five 8 pounders aside for our next order . And of course he had other powders on order . When I got there they dropped the bomb and said 100 pounds only so I only got a single 8 pounder as I needed to bring as much as he needed for customers . Seems authorities had checked the books and saw where they had pickups by customers getting a good bit over 100 pounds and told them tighten up or close the doors . When I went back the next trip all the 7625 was gone .