View Single Post
Devil in the Details:
Unread 12-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #7
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,940 Times in 360 Posts

Default Devil in the Details:

The package was delivered unmolested. Upon unpackaging I was impressed. However with close examination in good lighting I found two hairline cracks coming back from the rear top tang. The cracks go back and then each one takes a 90 degree turn, one into the left wrist through the checkering and the other one extends and takes a 90 degree turn into the right wrist checkering. The damage didn't occur in shipment because some finish had been added to cosmetically disguise the problem. I'm disappointed to say the least.
The stock could be repaired, though a proper job would be expensive and I would be way upside down on the deal. Logically the shotgun will be returned for a refund and I'll only be out for the shipping. It's unfortunate the damaged area wasn't photographed in the listing.
The problem with purchasing a firearm without having it in your hands is not a new one. It's just a risk you take and fortunately the seller has no reservations about the return and refund.
I don't purchase wall hangers, my guns are intended to be used. It's time to turn the corner and resume the hunt.
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce P Bruner For Your Post: